To the extent California privacy laws apply to Lexicon, we provide important information for California residents in Section 11.
1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect a range of “Personal Information,” information that uniquely identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you.
The types of Personal Information we may collect in connection with our Offerings or Sites may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact Information: We may collect your contact information, to include your name, email address, demographic information, and phone number.
- Communication Information: The contents of your communications with us, whether via e-mail, social media, telephone, or otherwise.
- Purchase and Financial Information: We may collect your order history and information about the transactions you have completed with us, to include your financial information.
- Employment Information: If you apply for employment, we may collect your employment and work history, and other information related to your qualifications for potential employment.
- Site Usage Information: If you navigate our Sites, our servers may automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs, details of your interaction with the Sites, and other such information. Your device or browser may also share your location data based on the device and/or browser settings.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We May Collect Your Personal Information Directly from You: For example, if you register for an account on the Sites, purchase Offerings, or request information from us.
We May Also Collect Personal Information from Third Parties: For example, we may work with business partners, subcontractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers, who may provide us with Personal Information about you.
If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Sites may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
Through Analytics: We use analytics services, including Google Analytics, to assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your Personal Information, please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3. How We Use Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information to:
- Operate the Sites and provide support to our business functions and Offerings;
- Fulfill customer requests, such as to create an account or complete customer purchases;
- Market, advertise, and provide the Sites and our Offerings; and
- Respond to inquiries related to employment opportunities;
- To the extent required for benchmarking, data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Sites, facilitating product, software and applications development, improving the Sites or our Offerings, conducting research, analysis, studies or surveys, identifying usage trends, as well as for other analytics purposes;
- Meet and comply with contract, legal, or regulatory requirements and our policies; or
- Protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- As necessary for any other lawful purpose for which the Personal Information is collected.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
To Service Providers: When we hire a service provider to help operate the Sites or our business, we may give access to Personal Information as necessary to perform the service. This may include service providers that operate our Sites, send our communications, or run our promotions.
To Business Partners: We may share Personal Information with our trusted business partners and affiliates. For example, we may share your Personal Information with a company when we co-sponsor a promotion or service. These partners and affiliates may use your Personal Information to, among other things, send you information or contact you about their services and products.
In the Case of a Merger or Sale: Personal Information may be transferred along with the business if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Where legally required we will give you prior notice and if you have a legal right to do so, an opportunity to object to this transfer.
5. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
6. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect the Personal Information we process. Despite the technical, organizational, and physical safeguards we employ, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information given the security risks inherent in internet and information technologies.
7. Your Choices and Controls
Depending on where you live, you have the right to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. To opt-out of our marketing communications please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the instructions included in the correspondence.
Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain correspondence, we may still need to contact you with important transactional or administrative information, as permitted or required by law. Additionally, if you withdraw your consent or object to processing, or if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information, we may be unable to provide some or all Offerings to you.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Sites may not work properly. For more information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some advertisers may also offer opt-outs for targeted advertising, either directly (e.g., Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads), or through industry organization (e.g., the Digital Advertising Alliance: http://optout.aboutads.info)
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals sent to us by browsers[J1] [DH2] . To learn more about DNT, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
To exercise other rights with respect to your Personal Information, please contact us using the information in Section 13 below.
To the extent California privacy laws apply to Lexicon, if you are a resident of California, please see Section 11 for information regarding your California privacy rights.
8. International use of the Sites
The Sites are hosted in the United States. If you are visiting the Sites from outside of the United States, please note that by providing your Personal Information it is being transferred to, stored, collected, or processed in the United States, where our data center and servers are located and operated.
9. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us their Personal Information, you can email us at email@example.com or contact us using the information listed in Section 13.
10. Links to third-party websites
11. California Residents
To the extent the CCPA applies to Lexicon, this Section describes (1) the categories of CCPA Personal Information (defined below) that may be collected and disclosed by us, (2) your rights as a California resident under the CCPA, and (3) how to exercise those rights.
The term “CCPA Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
A. Categories of Personal Information Collected, Used, and Shared
To the extent the CCPA applies to Lexicon, we may have collected and shared the below categories of CCPA Personal Information within the past 12 months. We do not believe we have sold CCPA Personal Information in the last 12 months.
- Identifiers: Information that could identify a consumer or household, such as real name, IP addresses, email address, and online identifiers.
- Commercial Information: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or Network Activity: Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Protected Classification Characteristics: Which we do not intentionally collect but may be revealed in other data we collect.
- Professional or Employment-related Information: Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
- Geolocation Data: Physical location or movements.
- Biometric information: Such as fingerprint technology.
- Sensory information: Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Educational information: Defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Inferences from Information in Other Categories to Create A Profile: For example, a profile regarding consumer preferences or characteristics.
- Personal Information: This category includes items described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), some of which overlap with other categories. E.g., a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
We may share each of these categories of CCPA Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary for them to facilitate our business purposes. We also may share this CCPA Personal Information for the purposes set forth in Section 4 above.
B. Your California Privacy Rights
To the extent the CCPA applies to Lexicon, if you are a resident of California, you may have the following rights:
|Right to Know||The right to be notified of what categories of CCPA Personal Information will be collected at or before the point of collection and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.|
|Right of Access||The right to request the categories of CCPA Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the CCPA Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of CCPA Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You may also have the right to request the categories of CCPA Personal Information disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your CCPA Personal Information. If delivered electronically, the information shall be portable, and to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format.|
|Right to Delete||The right to have your CCPA Personal Information deleted. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required or permitted to retain your CCPA Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the CCPA Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law (including free speech rights); or (4) to otherwise use your CCPA Personal Information internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.|
|Right to Opt Out||The right to opt out of the sale of your CCPA Personal Information.|
|Right of Non-Discrimination||You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your California privacy rights, and you will not be discriminated against in any way by virtue of your exercise of these rights, which means we will not deny goods or services to you, provide a different prices or rates for goods or services to you, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you.|
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please send (or have your authorized agent send) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at: 770-602-1858.
We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
We may deny certain requests, or only fulfill some in part, as permitted or required by law (e.g., records retention for legal purposes such as tax accounting).
The CCPA gives California Consumers the right to lodge a complaint with the California Attorney General’s office. The Attorney General’s office may be contacted at https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company or by telephone at: (916) 210-6276.
If you would like to receive a copy of this Section in an alternate format (e.g., printable) or language, please contact us using the information provided in Section 13.
13. Contact Us